Our professional’s daily engagement in the forestry market through property management, appraisals, sales, acquisitions, and exchanges gives us a unique opportunity to provide valuable assistance to those selling or investing in timberland.
Unparalleled Experience Combined with a Creative Approach
Each real estate transaction requires a custom approach. Take a look at some of our recently completed transactions.
- understand client needs and objectives, and preliminary inspection of the property to determine value considerations
- broker opinion of value – including timber inventory (if necessary) to inform value
- marketing plan, including recommended sale method, strategy, and timing (private negotiation, advertised listing, or sealed bid offering)
- develop sales flyers and property data, including timber attribute information, property maps, aerial photography, etc.
- marketing using various methods – websites, emails, direct mail, and direct contact with adjacent owners and other prospects
- accept and present offers, negotiate on behalf of our clients, and represent from contract through closing
Real Estate Consulting
- formal market pricing study and broker’s opinion of value
- investment analysis and retail sellout pro-forma development
- ad-valorem tax assessment evaluations
- representation for private landowner’s tax appeals
- locate properties consistent with client objectives and acquisition parameters
- preliminary inspection of property to determine value considerations
- inventory or timber cruise to inform property valuation
- financial analysis of potential investment options
- negotiate purchase price and terms
- coordinate closing through client’s designated attorney for acquisition or 1031 exchange
250+ TRANSACTIONS TOTALING $300+ MILLION
have been completed by FRC real estate professionals.
Do you have land to sell or want to make a purchase?
A multi-county timberland owner wanted to liquidate a portion of his assets but was unclear on the best disposition strategy. He requested FRC complete a full appraisal to help him discover the best approach. After consultation, we recommended he avoid a full appraisal and its cost. We suggested FRC complete a comparable sales study, market analysis, and a sellout plan. This approach helped clarify the market and its nuances and helped him identify the best tracts to liquidate. FRC helped him successfully navigate the market and accomplish his objectives, while saving money at the same time.